The Facility Engineer I will be responsible to assist the Facilities Engineering Manager at Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing. Facility Engineers specialize in facility and utility-based projects and oversight of construction and maintenance activities along with overall facilities administration, management, safety, and security. They are responsible for demonstrating, building, and enforcing the best practices for all projects and functions within the facility. They are in charge of programming and coordinating inspections and repairs. Testing and calibration of all instrumentation, electrical and mechanical systems fall under the responsibility of the facility engineer. As a Facility Engineer I, this is an entry level position. As a trainee, the employee carries out a range of professional facilities engineer assignments while learning the methods of the work.
Position may involve hands-on work with tools and testing equipment. Physical activity may include lifting (up to 50lbs.), bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, use of ladders, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity. No specific type or amount is required. Though 1+ years of relevant experience in an FDA regulated environment desired.
- Lead or participate in selection, appraisal of subcontractors and vendors
- Write and edit Operation and Maintenance procedures for equipment and engineering processes
- Study equipment performance for facilities and utilities operation.
- Oversee corrective and preventive maintenance work
- Research and develop planned enhancements for improvement.
- Write purchase orders for parts or service
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to arrange future work and/or follow up to obtain reports and data for completed work.
- Gather data for equipment. This position will play a lead role in implementation of new computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Become subject matter expert for one or more critical systems or pieces of equipment
- Walk down areas of plant and mark-up drawings for update by CAD drafter
- Execute facility and equipment audits and record-taking policies
- Aid in writing and marshaling through work orders, change controls, and other documentation
- Coordinate with the Facilities Engineering Manager on the implementation of projects
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Excellent analytical skill and critical thinking
- Skill in the use of engineering instruments and tools.
- Knowledge or skill in working with a CMMS system
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of GMP standards and the ability to follow CFR guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management software a plus
- Promotion of a positive work environment
- Excellent written skills in English. Technical writing knowledge a plus.
- Strong ability to multi-task and maintain a schedule
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge as well as business skills
- Possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science, or technical discipline. Drafting, CAD, or blueprint reading experience/training preferred
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume on our careers page.